Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Camouflage

My job as an Animal Control Officer is seldom boring. What it lacks in pay, it makes up in fun stories. Here's the latest:

My kennel is at City Yard, butted between the water treatment plant and the heavy machinery. It's a very busy place with lots of traffic. So imagine my surprise when I saw this yesterday, right next to the throughway:


A mallard duck has decided to make a nest in the middle of City yard. The Public Works guys were afraid she would get hurt so they coned off the area. They even provided Mama Duck with bread and water. 


So now we're all waiting to see the ducklings. I'll let you know when they hatch. Isn't spring great?!

Don't forget, it's ACO Appreciation Week. Here are a few ideas to make your local Animal Control Officer feel appreciated. 


It's also Wordless Wednesday! (And as usual, I used way too many words.) Click around below and see what others are sharing today. -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment