1. What is the name of the phobia for someone who has a fear of dogs?
a) Cainophobia2. According to archeologists, how long have dogs and humans shared a close relationship?
a) 5,000 years3. Puppies are born how many weeks after conception?
b) 10,000 years
c) 15,000 years
d) 20,000 years
4. True or False: A litter of puppies can have more than one father.
5. Normal adult dogs have how many teeth?
6. Through what part of the body do dogs sweat?
7. What is a dog’s most powerful sense?
8. True or False: Dogs see in black and white.
9. What is the most common command taught to dogs?
a) Sit10. What breed was developed by a German tax collector to protect him during his dangerous collections?
a) Doberman pinscher11. The first Seeing Eye dog was a ______?
b) German shepherd
a) German shepherd named Buddy
b) black lab named Bella
c) yellow lab named Max
d) golden retriever named Sandy
12. According to the American Kennel Club’s registrations, what is the most popular breed of dog?
b) German shepherd
c) Golden retriever
d) Labrador retriever
13. According to The Intelligence of Dogs by neuropsychologist Stanley Coren, German shepherds are considered the ______ smartest dogs.
14. True or False: Dog nose prints are as unique as human finger prints.
b) Rin Tin Tin
Check Your Answers!
1. b. Cynophobia (FYI: Cainophobia is the fear of anything new; Doraphobia is the fear of fur; and Lyssophobia is the fear of rabies.)
2. c. 15,000 years
3. c. 9 weeks
4. True. The fascinating National Geographic documentary, In the Womb: Dogs, explains exactly how
5. d. 42
6. d. Paws
7. b. Smell. Dogs can smell 100,000 times better than humans!
8. False. Dogs see color, but not in the same way that we do. A dog’s vision is similar to the way a color-blind person views the world.
9. a. Sit
10. a. Doberman pinscher
11. a. Buddy the German shepherd
12. d. Labrador retriever
13. c. 3rd, behind the Border collie and poodle. [I respectfully disagree!]
14. True. The Canadian Kennel Club has been accepting dog nose prints as proof of identity since 1938.
15. c. Bullet, whose preserved body sold for $35,000 in 2010.
How did you do? -- K
It's Thoughtless Thursday! Hop around and see what others are thinking -- or NOT thinking -- about today.