Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wordless Wednesday

I'm not a gambler. Slots, poker, the lottery -- they're all a waste of money for me. Raffles, however, are something else. I love raffles.

I went to an adoption event on Saturday. They were raffling off pretty baskets full of doggie items -- I'm a sucker for Baskets O' Crap -- and the money supported Friends of Jacksonville Animals (FOJA). FOJA is a non-profit group that works with the county shelter "to benefit the lives of shelter animals by focusing on fund raising to assist with medical care, enrich the shelter environment, promote adoptions, and reduce euthanasia." How could I walk away? I bought $10 worth of tickets. And I won!


 
 
Look at that basket -- treats, squeaky toys, a ball, wine for Mommy -- how great is that! Jedi couldn't wait to check out the giant stuffed bone.
 
 
 
 
You can't tell from this post, but . . . it's Wordless Wednesday! Hop around and see what others are doing today. -- K
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment