Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jedi's Journal

The real Jedi Journal
Last week I posted a picture of my beautiful boy on the cover of the Jedi Journal. It was super cute, but that magazine doesn't exist (yet). Truth is, there's a real Jedi Journal, though it's not nearly as fancy. This journal was given to me to my breeder and dear friend, RK. For Christmas she got us each a journal to record all our training efforts -- the good, the bad and the ugly. So far we're stuck in "bad' and "ugly."

Jedi's "cover photo." He's so handsome!
This all started when we went to the Eukanuba Dog Show last month. RK and I were ringside watching the German shepherds when she suddenly turned to me and said "We're going to do this next year." She may have even made me pinky swear. On the way home she was very adamant about working our dogs up (she has Jedi's brother, Chili) and showing at Eukanuba next December. Now that Eukanuba is an open show (up until last year it was invitation only) the only things holding us back are nerves and the higher than usual entry fee. I think the entry fee was near $100 this year.

RK has researched the local and not-so-local conformation classes and is already sending me reminders. She is a woman with mission, and it looks like I'm training for Eukanuba! I guess I'd better start saving my pennies.

I'm excited. In all seriousness, I want need to step up my training if I'm going to make my goal of 10 AKC shows this year. It's nice to have a training buddy to help keep me on track. So my friends, expect to hear lots of training and showing news this year. You and I both know that this blog is the ultimate Jedi Journal. TTFN, -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment