Thursday, December 13, 2012

Baths and Balloons

Good news: Roxy has really warmed up to Jedi and they play constantly now. Bad news: Jedi's coat had gotten a bit crusty from all the spit Roxy leaves behind during playtime. I know, eeew! I couldn't stand it anymore, so yesterday was Jedi's first bath. I filled the tub with warm water, broke out the puppy shampoo and pulled a stack fluffy towels from the linen closet. Hubby grabbed the camera. Let's just say that Jedi was not impressed with the "bath experience." He whined and wiggled and looked totally pathetic the entire time. When all was done, Jedi gave a good shake and we rubbed him down best we could. It was kind of chilly (it is December, after all) so I broke out the hair dryer. Jedi didn't like that at all! Show dogs are bathed and groomed all the time. Yikes! I hope we get better at this!


Later I saw the picture Hubby took of me and Jedi before his bath. My little puppy looks so big! Hubby says he's growing, but I don't see it. For giggles we went to the vet's office to have him weighed. 22.5 pounds! Jedi has put on four and a half pounds in two weeks. Wow. He's going to be a big boy! Anyone wanna take bets on how big he'll get?

On a different note, I try to introduce Jedi to something new every day. I've seen lots of dogs freak out over balloons so I thought I'd add balloons to the "weird stuff" list. While at Winn Dixie this afternoon I bought the most disturbing Sponge Bob Square Pants balloon I could find, freaky face and everything (see picture). I brought it home and Jedi couldn't have cared less. Hubby even batted it around Jedi's head while he was eating. No reaction whatsoever. This guy is fearless. My first thought was: what a waste of $4!! Unfortunately, now I've got this creepy yellow smile floating around my living room. -- K




No comments:

Post a Comment